The redevelopment of our solus Triumph dealership in Kingsnorth is nearing completion and is set to be one of the most impressive showrooms in the country, and a real destination for bikers in the South-East.
Our new store will need a strong leader; with drive, determination and passion for everything the Triumph brand represents, to achieve all our goals and objectives, and take Ashford Triumph to new heights.
We are looking for someone to lead by example to motivate and develop the staff at Ashford Triumph, delivering excellent service to customers, and enhancing the dealership’s reputation to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction we can.
• Manage the daily operation of the store, ensuring that the presentation of the showroom and products are of a high standard.
• Monitor and update dealer management systems, ensuring commitments to customers are honoured and leads are followed up.
• Meet and exceed all targets, including new and used bike sales, clothing and merchandise, parts and accessories, servicing, warranty, and other areas of the dealership.
• Control costs and resources effectively.
• Act as the key contact for the store, co-ordinating information and reports to and from departments.
• Complete all sales and finance documentation accurately and on time.
• Work with the marketing team to set up and maintain effective displays and promotions.
• Work with others to plan and organise dealership and outdoor events.
• Liaise with the committee and members of Ashford RAT pack to plan joint activities and build relationships with our local riders group.
• Maintain required standards of conduct and behaviour.
For a job description and application form, please call Ian Terry on 01622 681765 or email email@example.com.
Joining our sales team means becoming an integral part of a passionate, dedicated and spirited dealership, offering support and expertise to a wide range of customers, at every step of their bike buying journey.
This is an opportunity to work with the most well-respected worldwide brands, promoting the high level of quality, reliability and cutting edge technology of all the bikes.
Every day we strive to offer the absolute best experience to every customer that walks through our doors. Buying any bike should be an enjoyable and memorable journey, and as a sales advisor, you'll be responsible for making that happen!
This role is much more than a traditional salesperson and extends beyond the walls of the showroom. Being a part of the Laguna team means becoming an ambassador for the dealership; actively promoting all aspects of the services and products we provide, and the lifestyle we represent. Attendance at events, rallies, rides and shows play a large part in our interaction with customers. It'll be your task to get out there and engage with both existing customers, and a wider audience, to raise the profile of the dealership and take us up to the next level.
A sales background (either within the motor trade, or in other fields). As well as great people skills, accuracy with figures and the ability to use computer systems, you will have an outgoing personality with energy and drive, with the self-motivation to reach and exceed targets.
£N/A - Please contact for more information
A commission and bonus scheme applies.
This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are essential. You need to be adaptable and able to remember how to use a number of different online portals. You must be competent at using Excel spreadsheets and able to learn new computer systems. Knowledge of motorcycles would be an advantage but is not essential.
• Check online portals daily to acquire and accurately input stock, finance, registration and warranty data.
• Receive daily reports and act on the information to update Platinum (Dealer Management System) with data for demo, courtesy and stock vehicles; update the system with information in relation to each sale and use the system to generate PDI Jobcards and invoices.
• Chase stores for finance settlements and where appropriate, activate payments via online banking for authorisation by the Managing Director.
• Create and maintain diary and spreadsheet entries on the company’s intranet to track the progress of sales.
• Liaise with Sales Advisors to ensure that all paper and online information is completed for each vehicle sale or purchase. Scan and organise information relating to completed sales for archiving.
• Add invoice details to the purchase ledger and clear invoices down when settlement has been remitted to manufacturer.
• Create, store and control Key-packs for new and used motorcycles
• Liaise with PDI co-ordinator and provide Job-cards in a timely manner to enable vehicles to be ready for collection on time.
• Communicate effectively with customers and use online portals to register vehicles with DVLA and ensure that registration documents are available at the appropriate time.
Are you an experienced Motorcycle Technician looking for a new challenge?
Could you be an important member of the team in our busy multi-franchise workshop and provide full diagnostic, service and repair services to the highest professional standards? We need to expand our workshop team and are looking for an experienced professional Technician, who could be based at either Maidstone or Ashford.
The successful applicant must be fully qualified with several years experience of working on current-model motorcycles. They will be able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues. Qualification as an MOT tester would be an advantage.
As a company we want our staff to progress and continue developing their skills, so we provide access to manufacturers’ and other training programmes.
We offer an excellent salary (negotiable depending on experience and qualifications) and an industry-leading benefits package which includes a motorcycle purchase scheme, clothing and accessories at very special prices and a staff discount scheme.
If you would like to apply for a position here at Laguna Motorcycles, or require further information, please contact Ian Terry:
Phone: 01622 681765