Laguna Motorcycles Limited operate under different trading styles including: Laguna Motorcycles, Maidstone Harley-Davidson, Maidstone Honda, Triumph Ashford and Laguna Performance Centre.
Collecting personal information
The personal data that we hold and how we manage it varies depending on why we are holding it. The reasons that we hold personal data are broadly when you have expressed an interest in our products or services. When we understand that you are purchasing a vehicle, entering a competition, registering for news updates, purchasing parts or clothing, applying for vehicle finance and enquiring about any of our products or services.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
- Information that you provide when completing your online profile (including your name, gender, date of birth and any educational details and employment details you provide);
- Information you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us;
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
Using personal information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purpose it was provided, including:
- Meeting the terms of your order
- Enabling your use of the services available on our website
- Sending you goods purchased through our website
- Supplying to you the services purchased through our website
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)
- CCTV: We use CCTV recording on or around our premises to: Prevent, deter and detect crime, apprehend and prosecute offenders, and provide evidence to take civil action in the courts, help provide a safer environment for our staff and customers, and protect public safety.
- Call Recording: We may record calls made into our business to assess customer satisfaction, train and develop staff, review call quality and have access to a verbal record of what was said in the event of a dispute.
Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of personal information
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure password- and firewall-protected servers.
- All details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data, we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data that we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
Right to be forgotten
- If we hold personal data about you, but it is no longer necessary for the purpose that it was collected and cannot otherwise be justified – you have the right to request that we delete the data.
Right to stop marketing messages
- You always have the right to stop marketing messages and telephone calls. We will include an unsubscribe option in any marketing emails and in texts. If you do wish to unsubscribe, please just click the unsubscribe button in the email or send a BIKESTOP text to the number indicated and we will promptly action that request. Alternatively, you can update your marketing preferences by contacting us at any-time. Our contact details are shown at the end of this policy.
Links to other websites
Social Plug Ins
- We use so-called social plugins (buttons) of social networks such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
- When you visit our websites, these buttons are deactivated by default, i.e. without your intervention they will not send any data to the respective social networks. Before you can use these buttons, you must activate them by clicking on them. They then remain active until you deactivate them again or delete your cookies.
- After their activation, a direct link to the server of the respective social network is established. The contents of the button are then transmitted from the social network directly to your browser and incorporated in the website
- After activation of a button, the social network can retrieve data, independently of whether you interact with the button or not. If you are logged on to a social network, the network can assign your visit to the website to your user account.
- If you are a member of a social network and do not wish it to combine data retrieved from your visit to our websites with your membership data, you must log out from the social network concerned before activating the buttons.
- We have no influence on the scope of data that is collected by the social networks through their buttons. The data use policies of the social networks provide information on the purpose and extent of the data that they collect, how this data is processed and used, the rights available to you and the settings that you can use to protect your privacy.
- We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is:Z5878471
Our Contact Details
- Laguna Motor Cycles Limited, Hart Street, Maidstone, ME16 8RA
- Telephone: 01622 681765
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- www.laguna.co.uk www.triumphdirect.co.uk
- www.maidstoneharleydavidson.co.uk www.ktmdirect.co.uk
- www.maidstonehonda.co.uk www.mshdstore.co.uk
This policy was last updated on 23 May 2018.